Free Trigger Locks Program
What trigger locks do.
- Trigger locks enclose the trigger guards of most guns so that the trigger cannot be pulled.
- Gun locks are NOT foolproof.
Types of trigger locks
- Keyed trigger locks are a great safety device in many situations, including homes with young children.
- “Key-less” combination locks and gun safes should be used in homes with older children, because older children are capable of finding keys and manipulating a lock.
- Never put a trigger lock on a loaded gun; attempts to attach a lock to a loaded gun can result cause the gun to discharge.
How to get free trigger locks.
The Maine Gun Safety Coalition provides free trigger locks to police departments, sheriffs’ offices, social services agencies, medical facilities, and other organizations. More locations are being added every day, so call your local law enforcement agency, even if you don’t see them on the map.
Distribute free trigger locks in your community.
If your organization would like to participate in our free trigger lock program, please contact email@example.com.
In addition to the many police departments and others that distribute trigger locks, Maine organizations that support trigger locks include:
- Maine Chiefs of Police Association
- Maine Sheriffs’ Association
- Maine State Police
- Maine Medical Association
- Maine Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Maine Chapter, American College of Emergency Physicians
- Physicians for Social Responsibility, Maine Chapter
- Family Crisis Services
- Remembering Darien Foundation
DAC Technologies provides trigger locks to MSGC at a discount, making it possible for us to offer free trigger locks. We are extremely grateful for their support.
For assistance locating the closest free trigger locks location, email firstname.lastname@example.org.