Free Trigger Locks Program
What trigger locks do.
Trigger locks enclose the trigger guards of most guns so that the trigger cannot be pulled; however, gun locks are not foolproof.
Types of trigger locks
- Keyed trigger locks are a great safety device in many situations, including homes with young children.
- “Key-less” combination locks and gun safes should be used in homes with older children, because older children are capable of finding keys and manipulating a lock.
- Never put a trigger lock on a loaded gun; attempts to attach a lock to a loaded gun can result cause the gun to discharge.
How to get trigger locks.
- Purchase trigger locks and safes at any store that sells firearms.
- Request free trigger locks by contacting the police station or health center closest to you. For further assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.